Saturday, March 9, 2013

#61 - Geocaching at the Dr. James Rich Wildlife Management Area

Today my husband and I drove about 30 minutes north of Lexington for a little geocaching date. I love just spending time in the woods and geocaching has added a whole new level of enjoyment to that!

We visited the Dr. James Rich Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and spent about 4 hours basically playing in the woods. It was awesome! The WMA is 1700 acres of wooded area. It is a public hunting area so it's a good idea to wear blaze orange during hunting season.


Entrance 
Information about the WMA
 We found 9 caches today and tried to find a 10th but couldn't find that one. Here I am signing one the logs. I must say we found some of the most unique caches we've found so far during this adventure. Special thanks to Ground Fox for placing all these fun caches!  Yes my shirt is on inside out. I was trying to keep the right side cleaner since it was kinda muddy out there today and I was climbing through trees etc.
Found a cache!
Putting a log back inside the cache for the next person to find.
All smiles! I love being in the woods!
Isn't it gorgeous?!

2 comments:

  1. We are glad that you enjoyed hunting our caches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a blast! We haven't found them all yet...hoping to go back there again soon. It's such a lovely, peaceful area!

    ReplyDelete