Saturday, March 9, 2013

#60 - Tazo Apple Tea + Cinnamon + Honey = Heaven

I'm kinda obsessed with tea. It might be an addiction. But I've had a box of Tazo Organic Red Apple Tea for a long time that I just haven't drank. I found the tea to be somewhat bland. Today I doctored it and created a taste of heaven. I can't believe I didn't do this before!!

 


I boiled a stick of cinnamon in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Then I poured that over the tea bag and let the cinnamon stick stay in the mug with while the tea seeped. The I added about a teaspoon of honey to the drink and sprinkled a little more cinnamon (this time ground) on top before stirring it up. It is delicious! It could be my new favorite chill-out-in-the-evening tea. I was relieved to find out it's caffeine free because it's getting late and I already drank it so there's nothing I could have done about it now! haha! I didn't even think to check that before I started creating heaven in the kitchen.

Not only is this drink delicious, both cinnamon and honey are so good for you. I'll do a blog about the benefits of each of these foods soon. :)


It's so yummy that I just had to make a second cup for my husband who thought about stealing mine!

There's more to this story! As I was typing up this blog, my husband apparently discovered Whole Foods' 365 Organic Wildflower Honey and I heard him eating spoonfuls straight from the jar (such a guy!)...then between bites he says "Oh my gosh! Winnie-the-Pooh had it right!" Hilarious! How can I be mad at him for eating from the jar when he says something like that?!










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the idea, SimpleSaurus! There are various ways to enjoy our tea. As long as it's a good quality tea, the taste should be fantastic! Just minimize putting regular sugar as it destroys the exquisite taste of tea. I suggest you stick with honey for sweetening your tea, since you and your husband enjoy it. Have a great tea time!

    Kevin Walls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that about sugar in tea! I generally don't use sugar but I had no idea it would ruin the tea taste. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :)

      Delete