Friday, February 15, 2013

#46 - Choosing a Prenatal Vitamin

I've been doing research on prenatal vitamins for a little while now but didn't want to start the posts until I had completed my little project. I chose 5 different prenatal vitamins and will be discussing each of them over the next 5 posts. Here's an overview of the results: (click on the photo for a larger view)



 Some things to keep in mind with these results:

1) More is not necessarily better - some things are toxic in high doses.
2) Less is not necessarily worse since vitamins are supposed ensure you meet requirements...not necessarily give you the required dose all at once.


Why did I choose these 5 kinds?
I took Vitafusion Gummies for Women (non-pregnant women) recently and really liked them. I tend to have trouble keeping vitamins down and the vitafusion ones didn't make me sick.

I chose the GNC prenatal vitamin because I shop there for protein powder often. Also, GNC is strictly a nutrition store so I thought their product might be good.

The others I chose because I tend to prefer organic and natural food products.

I did not choose a Centrum or One-A-Day vitamin for this little study simply because their products have made me sick in the past. Something about them upsets my stomach. Not that they aren't good (I didn't check into it) I just suspect they won't work for me.

I'll be discussing each of these prenatal vitamins in depth in the coming posts.


**Disclaimer - I am blogging these to help you learn more about the prenatal vitamins. I'm just a person like you are so do your own research before choosing a vitamin. I'm simply sharing what I learned and what I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment