Saturday, February 2, 2013

#33 - Sahara Mediterranean Restaurant



Today I visited Sahara Mediterranean Restaurant (Lexington, KY) for the first time. It was super crowded and though that is often a sign of an awesome restaurant (and was indeed in this case) I had to overcome my introverted instinct to RUN when we stepped into the crowded space.

Last summer, my husband and I were biking through downtown Lexington and came across a little Mediterranean restaurant called King Tut. It was there that I fell in love with falafel. :) I've since tried to make falafel twice and failed miserably both times. :( (Anyone know how to make it well?!)

So for my birthday (which was back in December...insane how time flies!!) I wanted to go eat falafel somewhere. Life is so busy...and somehow it's February 2 and we finally made it to Sahara to try their falafel. :) I have to say it was everything I remembered. Also I order the chicken shawarma and it was fantastic. The chicken breast was one of the best looking meats I've seen at a local restaurant in a long time. The hummus and pita bread were also good though not fantastic. However, it should be said that I prefer roasted pepper hummus rather than plain hummus so that could be why I found the hummus to be good but not exceptional. Even with the somewhat bland hummus and pita bread,  I definitely recommend Sahara if you like Mediterranean foods. You'll be amazed with the quality of the chicken breast there. I know I was!


No comments:

Post a Comment