Saturday, January 12, 2013

#13 - Homemade Ranch Dressing

Today I made my own ranch salad dressing from a recipe I found on thefresh20.com!






Ingredients:
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Buttermilk
Clove of Garlic
Few leaves of fresh chives
Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp Salt

Add to food processor and mix! Ta-dah! If you don't have a food processor you could chop everything up super tiny and mix it in a bowl. :)

The dressing was pretty good and has way less calories than store-bought ranch...not to mention it's not filled with things I can't pronounce (and I work in science!). The buttermilk we had was pretty thick so which made the dressing much thicker than store bought dressing. Next time I may add a tablespoon or two of water and see how that works. Anyhoo, it's inexpensive to make...so give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment