Friday, January 4, 2013

#4 - January is National Tea Month and Numi Chocolate Tea

Why is January National Tea Month? Because it's stinking cold outside?! Actually I couldn't find the true reason January is national tea month but being so cold outside is good enough reason for me. I decided it would be more fun to try new teas rather than read about tea.

This one is a chocolate tea from Numi that happened to have a coupon next to it at Whole Foods. Chocolate plus a coupon to try it...need I say more? Here's what Numi has to say about their Chocolate pu-erh tea: "This velvety infusion combines black Pu-erh tea and organic cocoa. Accented by whole vanilla beans and sweet orange peel, this decadent blend is rounded off with nutmeg and cinnamon for a spicy finish."  For more about Numi teas, click here.

This tea was pretty good even without the addition of sugar or milk. However, it wasn't as chocolatey as I was hoping. I might add some cocoa and warm milk to my cup next time I brew it. :) Anyone love this tea prepared a certain way? What's your favorite way to prepare this tea?



P.S. Check out my favorite mug above which is beginning to show some wear but has been with me for over 10 years now!...Here's a little shout out to my alma mater Berea College!) Someday when I replace my beloved Berea College mug, this would be an adorable replacement. :) I love this little leather wrapped mason jar mug from MSTRCKLN on Etsy and then of course, I love supporting other Etsy shops. (click the photo to go to the shop where it's for sale)



2 comments:

  1. I just remembered I tried some chocolate flavored tea at a tea room in Frankfort! It was delicious and substantial in a filling kind of way. The tea room atmosphere was perfect as well. A good day out with Mrs. Chelse!

    I think you should try chocolate martinis next. Trust me, this is not bad advice.

    I love how you support other Etsy shops in a creative way. You are one classy dame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go out for tea sometime! That'd be a unique outing! ;)

      Delete