Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#24 - Water Element

Today I learned about my Chinese Astrology sign. I am water.

Chinese Elements Coasters by BlythHouseCreations on Etsy, $29


One day this past summer when I was working in my little craft booth at the Lexington Artist Market, a lady looking at my jewelry creations made the comment the I must be a water element person. I didn't really know what it meant. She said this because so many of my creations are beach, water, sea, etc themed. I just shrugged it off that day and told her it must be because it's hot outside.

Here are some of my water themed jewelry pieces the lady at the Artist Market was referring to:

Seahorse Necklace, Sold

Starfish earrings, $8
Sailboat Necklace, Sold


Now here it is in the middle of January and I'm still creating beach themed jewelry! So I decided to see if I am indeed a water personality. It turns out the lady was correct...according to Chinese astrology I am water. However, according to western astrology I am Earth. I was born in the Chinese year of the dog. My western zodiac sign is Capricorn.

Find out what you are here: http://www.myspiritualprofile.com/content/what_is_my_chinese_element.cfm

Then you can read more about your sign here: http://www.alwaysastrology.com/chinese-elements.html

Chinese Water Element
Those born with the Element of Water can be charming and sensitive as well as compassionate. They are very flexible and "go with the flow" so to speak. They are often intelligent and creative. They have a great imagination and are not afraid to use it! They make excellent philosophers and thinkers. They often freelance. They often have more than one profession. Water has good people skills and can be very subtly persuasive. They have talents in communication and diplomacy. They are intuitive and can find things that elude others. They have a flair for organizing and can delegate with the best of them. They have the gift of noticing the special talents of others and making them feel good about their abilities.
Water can also be secretive and deceptive. They don't like to share their secrets with others. They have great skills of manipulation. Water tends to try to find the easiest way out. They may be too passive and too malleable to the whims of others. They need to learn to stand on their own two feet and follow their own path. They should avoid places heavy with water.
Water Element is the North. It is associated with the season of winter. Water's color is black and it is associated with the lungs, skeleton and excretory system.



For those of you who know me well, is this me?  Or do I just like making water themed jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment