Saturday, January 26, 2013

#26 - Tee Shirt Drawer Makeover

On pinterest earlier this week I saw a pin from blogger darkroom and dearly about arranging t-shirt drawers so that all the shirts can be seen at once.  This keeps you from ruffling through shirts to find the one ou want and actually takes up way less space than folding them and stacking them. Here's the photos from her organizing adventure...

Even though I've gone through my t-shirts and gotten out shirt to make a t-shirt quilt, I still have a ton of shirts. But I find that honestly I wear all of the ones I have left in my drawer. Plus there's the performance shirts I wear to the gym and the snugger shirts I wear to yoga so I don't show everyone my belly during downward dog...needless to say I have a lot of shirts in one little drawer...and no other drawers that I can use to keep them tamed.

So I decided to try this trick. I admit though I was hoping it would tame my shirts and have them in way less space, I wasn't sure it'd actually make that big of a difference.

Well, the verdict: IT WORKS! 

Here's my before picture...yeah, I know, it's a mess. Shuffling through the shirts daily to pick a gym shirt makes a mess. I've organized and organized and finally I gave up and just dig.

BEFORE


AFTER



Because I had so much extra room in my drawer after rearranging my shirts, I decided to use the space for my gym pants and shorts so that I could use that drawer for sweaters which I recently stopped hanging up because I hate when they get the puffs on the sleeve from the hanger.

So here's my gym clothes drawer now:


T-shirts on left, then a tiny section of shorts (I don't wear shorts often), and then gym capri/pants turned different to separate them from the shirts. This is 2 drawers now contained in one. :) AND I can see what's in there at a glance. NO MORE DIGGING! 

Here's my newly formed sweater storage drawer since I no longer need a drawer for gym pants. :)




Totally recommend trying this!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment